Parul Yadav is an Indian TV & film actress, model, who has acted in South Indian films, primarily in Kannada & in Hindi Television serials. She is also a trained and accomplished dancer.
Childhood, Family, Personal Life
Parul Yadav was born Saturday, 5 June 1982 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Parul Yadav Teenage photo
parul yadav with mother celebrating birthday
TV & Film Career
Parul was a model before entering the TV & Films. Parul has modelled for sarees of "Kalamandir".
TV debut: She made her TV debut through Bhagyavidhaata (2009-) a Hindi TV serial set in Bihar, where she played the role of Poonam Prasad.
- Bhagyavidhaata (2009-): A family Drama Set in Rural Bihar, Parul played the role of Poonam Prasad, A member of one of the 2 families story was based on.
- Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala (2011): A comedy reality show aired on STAR Plus, Parul was part of the team "Raveena Ke Mohre".
- Darr Sabko Lagta Hai (2015 - ) - A horror fiction television series on &TV, Parul appeared in te ninth season.
- Maja Talkies (2015): She was a guest on the Kannada weekend comedy show while promoting for her movie.
Movie Debut: Parul made her debut into movies through Tamil/ Malayalam romantic movie Dreams (2004) starring Dhanush and Diya, directed by Kasthuri Raja.
Kannada Debut: Parul Yadav's big break came through Kannada Comedy super hit movie Govindaya Namaha(2012) , the movie was directed by Pavan Wadeyar & the cast included Komal Kumar, Rekha Vedavyas, Dattatreya. The Song "Pyarge Agbuttaite" was a super hit of the year, made her popular among the Kannada viewers.
She has acted in many more Kannada movies like Killing Veerappan, Jessie, Vaastu Prakaara, Uppi 2, Aatagara, Shivajinagara, Bacchan, Shravani Subramanya, Govindaya Namaha, Nandeesha.
Malayala Movies: Parual has acted in Malayalam movies like Krithyam(2005), Bullet(2008) & Black Dalia(2009). She acted with super star Prithviraj in Krithyam.
Killing Veerappan (2016) is one the highlights of her movie, the movie was made in Kannada by Ram Gopal Varma, the dubbed versions were released in Tamil, Telugu & Hindi as well.
She has acted opposite many South Indian stars like Dhanush, Prithviraj, Shivarajkumar and Sudeep.
Awards & Nominations
- 2012: Best Debutant Award for her role in Govindaya Namaha (South Indian International Movie Award at Dubai)
- 2012: Promising Newcomer Award (Bangalore Times)
- 2012: Best Female Actor nomination (Udaya Awards)
- 2012: Lux Glamour Icon of the Year award (Suvarna TV channel)
- 2014: Best Supporting Actress Award for Bacchan ( South Indian International Movie Award)
- 2014: Best Supporting Actress Nomination for Bacchan (61st Filmfare Awards South.)
- 2016: Best Actress award- Won for Aatagara (2015) (Filmfare Awards)
- 2016: Rising Sensation Of The Year award won (South Scope awards)
Parul is a high end interior designer by profession. Her company takes up interior designing projects for Corporates, Celebrities & Socialites. She has designed the interiors of fellow actress Tisca Chopra's residence & Mika Singh's residence is on offer. She has continued the profession even while appearing in the films, she wants to keep it that way at least until marriage.